Search Engine Box

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Family life

Yes, I noticed too that I didn't really talk about what I do to ensure that family life is taken care of during the stress of work, school and family.

Well, for one thing, we try to take day trips to various places. Granted, this isn't an every week thing, and depends on the weather and finances! We only have the youngest who needs our devoted attention, and she's 7 years old. So, thankfully, I'm not having to juggle more than one young child's needs.

We recently had a picnic and birthday party celebration for our daughter. It was a blast! She had several of her friends come, but it wasn't *too* many kids. It was just enough for them all to get along and have a great time. Also time for us parents to have a little bit of adult time as we watched the girls all play and have fun.

As soon as this rainy weather clears (yes, it hit today, blech!), we will be getting out as a family and enjoying the sunny days on some more hikes. We haven't had a good hike in over a month due to the extreme heat we've had. Now that it's a little cooler, it should be better for hiking.

I also love to do one-on-one time with our daughter. We've gone to several pool parties and public pool outings together. Just mommy and me time!

We've also had a few date nights with the significant other :-) Can't forget that!

So, yeah, we do lead a fairly busy life, but manage to get time in for everyone as well.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Awesome! Thanks for posting this, since I asked in your last post about how you also balance family life as well. You definitely lead a busy, busy life but you seem to be handling everything quite well! I wish you lots and lots of luck with your goal of becoming a midwife. I hope I can be just as great a nurse as you are, someday. I got one more silly question for you because this is my hugest problem when it comes to balancing school, homework, kids etc...where do you fit cleaning the house and staying on top of it in?? I know it sounds silly, but I cannot keep up with it while I am in school! It's what my significant other and I always fight about!

AtYourCervix said...

A clean house? Buhahaha!!! That is the very LAST thing on my list of things to do. Seriously.

We get the day to day things done (clothes, dishes, cooking) and that's about it. I'm thinking of hiring a maid service to do a good once over.