I love when we work together as such a cohesive team when the crap hits the ceiling on L&D.
Case in point: a recent "hypothetical scenario" of a potentially very catastrophic event. Each and every person on my L&D unit pulled together and turned what could have been certain death for a mother and baby into a much happier ending. One nurse worked on fetal heart tones and maternal interventions, another nurse got the IV in place, another was on the phone with the doctor to update and get him to the bedside, 2-3 more got the OR ready.
We worked WELL as a TEAM. Each person doing what needed done to help save not one, but two lives.
WELL DONE LADIES!!!
4 comments:
Is this vbac related? I am attempting a vbac2c april 2011.
I love it!
The teamwork is one of my favorite things about my job as an L&D nurse!!!! (never mind that the pt and family often never end up knowing how precarious things were)
I love it when everyone comes together as a team like that!
No Jennifer, it wasn't VBAC related.
Post a Comment