Search Engine Box

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Paperwork? Yes.

Paperwork I have filled out thus far (much of it is the same info, different companies/places):

Locum tenens company: about 12 pages, plus oodles of supporting documents (diplomas, licenses, certifications, etc).  All of which I scanned and emailed to the locum contact person.  She is working on getting me credentialed and insured so I can start as a locum in the office in early October.

Physician company: that was also about 12 pages, same info, same supporting documents.  All faxed to the physician company.  They are the people that are going to be my actual employers.  They hire the physicians, NPs, CNMs, PAs, etc.  I'm scratching my head and wondering if I have credentialing paperwork that I will have to fill out with them too.

Anyway, moving on.

Hospital: credentialing packet.  This was a huge stack of at least 20 pages.  All needed filled out, read, signed, dated, and a long list of supporting documents (see above, many of the same things).  Good thing I have a scanner at home.

Note to self: buy more ink for the scanner/printer.  Oh wait, I did buy more yesterday.

Second note to self: plant more trees.  This was a lot of paper/tree killing.

Hoping that my current PPD results for TB testing will be ok for the hospital credentialing.  It's what I have, so I gave them a copy.

Exit interview at work next week.  Cobra insurance coverage --- holy crap!  That stuff is expensive!  You see, as a locum, I would be an independent contractor---aka, no health insurance.  I'm working with the hospital about a financial assist to pay for Cobra coverage while I work there as a locum (just a few months, hopefully).  Hospital credentialing is going to take at least 3-4 months.

Oh, and I believe there is paperwork done at the exit interview at my current job.  More paperwork :-)  Joy!

I'm excited and nervous at the same time about starting in my new position as a CNM.  I'm also super sad that I'm leaving a fabulous bunch of co-workers that I have known as my family for the past ten years.

1 comment:

BedpanAlley said...

There is so much work that goes into getting a new job, my goodness! Along with the interview, paperwork and excitement also come the bitter-sweetness of leaving your current/old job behind. This is so exciting though, congrats! I love being able to read about your journey and finally see you fulfill your dream of becoming a CNM, it's really inspiring.