I've caught two babies as a new CNM this week :-)
Both were easy multips who pushed very minimally to birth their babies. In the words of one of my attending physicians: those were too easy. Both had intact perineums. They (my MD partners) want to see me do a few where things are more of a challenge (FHT abnormalities, dystocias, hemorrhages) to be reassured that I know how to manage complications.
Anyway, I was dancing in the hallway after each catch!
6 comments:
It's fun, isn't it?
So excited for you!
I couldn't be happier for you, I know you have waited a long while to catch these little ones. Congrats.
Oh yay! VERY exciting! Helps get your land legs under you IMO - here's to many more births for you!
It won't be long before there are complications! And you'll handle them very well, no doubt. Congratulations!
I just found your blog, but I hope it's appropriate for me to say, congratulations! That dance you did in the hallway must have been pretty wonderful!
Post a Comment