I had a very long interview process with a small, but very busy group practice (MD/CNM). There are definite pros and cons (as with any position, anywhere), so I have much to ponder and some decisions to make.
One thing about the interview process -- it has helped me to clarify the difference between what my "ideal/perfect/fantasy" type of CNM position would be, versus what is the reality of a CNM. Sure, I would love a set schedule, sleep at night, births to be perfect, everyone to be low risk, and it's all happy sunshine and roses. Oh, and earn a beautiful paycheck too. Could I also have a new car please?
But reality says that I will be working hard, long hours, not getting much sleep, and will have a wide variety of skills to fine tune. (And for some things, learn how to do from scratch.) My paycheck isn't going to be nearly what I desire, compared to how much I will be working. But, that's life.
Student loans? Yeah, you are lurking in the back of my brain. Repayment starts soon. Whoa baby. Word to the wise: be careful and only borrow the bare minimum. Don't max out your loans like I did. It's going to be very painful paying these suckers back.
1 comment:
Just wanted to say congrats on being a CNM!!
I hope you find the right position for you :)
Post a Comment