I am excited to say that I finally have my PA state CNM license! Oh the hoops one has to jump through to get a license. Other than the whole educational process, that is.
Now I am official, and can work as a CNM. Still have to find the right practice/location for me.
I've literally put in applications everywhere that I can. It's frustrating that employers/practices post for CNM positions, and then never call you for an interview. Is it my lack of CNM experience? Or are the position postings just to lure in potential future applicants, and there is no position truly open and available? I need to start making some follow up phone calls to my online applications, to see what the status is for each of the positions I've applied for.
In the meanwhile, I wonder, am I going to forget all of the information that I've learned in school? Yes, I'm still working in L&D, but what about the rest of the knowledge? GYN care, primary care, prenatal care, genetic testing, etc?? I sometimes feel like my brain is going to drain itself of information that I don't use on a regular basis.
I did teach paramedic students about 2 months ago, hands on emergency childbirth simulations (normal, abnormal), and that, I have to say, was super cool to teach. I was offered a position to also teach the didactic portion next spring, which would be (I think?) two evenings per week of lecture. I love teaching!
I just know that my future CNM position - the right one for me - is out there. So, I keep searching. Teaching, clinic, private practice? Who knows where I'll eventually find my perfect niche.
7 comments:
Good luck with your job search
Congrats on getting your license. It's been a long slog, but I think you will find it's worth it.
They may not be appropriate for teaching a paramedic level program but you should look at Parto Pants if you are thinking about more teaching. They are an interesting project, I was at a lecture where one of facilitators described them as a "low tech high fidelity simulator".
Good luck with your job search.
Hang in there, the right job is out there!
Congratulations on finishing school and becoming a CNM! I hope the right job comes along for your soon.
CNM position available in San Antonio, TX birthing center :D
Dixie Uniforms will be taking part in the Health Careers Interaction Job Fair on Sept. 26&27 in Toronto. Stop by to find out about health care positions all over the world. If you have time check out www.dixieuniforms.net for great deals on nursing uniforms and scrubs!
Post a Comment