Search Engine Box

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Student midwife update

Ok folks, I am definitely on the homeward stretch, the last leg of the race, the end is in sight!  I can't believe it!

I've submitted my last two clinical assignments for grading.  I have about 100-ish clinical hours left.  Or more, if I need more time to get the rest of my births done.  I have 11 births left.  20 menopause visits left.  Just a small handful of newborn exams and postpartum exams.  That's it.  Holy crap!  That's it!!

Oh shoot, some SOAP notes too, but I can get those done.

It's soon time to take the practice comprehensive exam!

On the road from RN, SNM to CNM!

Before I know it, this blog will be chronically my first year in practice as a CNM.  Whoa.  Trying to wrap my mind around that right now.  Seems so surreal.

5 comments:

LauraT said...

I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

Rebecca said...

Can't wait to hear about your job! I remember when you were just starting the Bridge program, congratulations on being almost to the end of this journey!

M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nurse Lily said...

While you are further ahead on your journey than I am, I totally understand your sense of wonderment and joy. I am 105 days from graduation and I can't believe it! I do wish I had started younger because I've always wanted to do what you're doing but, after this program and the toll it's taken, I'm not sure I have much more than my BSN in me but we'll see. Many congratulations - such an accomplishment!! =)

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting about your journey! I feel a lot better about mine when I see how far you've come :) I'm 6 months away from graduation.