Search Engine Box

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The end is in sight!

Hello, hello!!  I've been slaving away like a mad woman on getting everything finished for this last didactic term of school.  I am happy to report that once I finish my last few things that need done (tomorrow), then I will be DONE with the term!  The end is in sight!  I can see the light!

I will be leaving down for eight days in July for clinical bound, and I hope to do some blogging --- LIVE from Hyden, Kentucky at clinical bound!  That is, IF I have any energy left at the end of the very full days that are planned for us when we arrive.

In the meanwhile, I don't get to just sit back and relax in my time off of class between now and then.  I have many things to brush up on in preparation for clinical bound: physical assessment of women, physical assessment of newborns, pelvic exam fine points, midwifery skills that we will be practicing and being tested on, and much more.  I have not yet looked at the exact reading assignments and preparations that need to be done before clinical bound.  I was postponing that until after tomorrow -- so that I do not worry about something of which I cannot control, before taking my final course exam (biting nails on that one.....some questions on exams are super tricky!).  Like the type A personality that is me, I have already calculated just how many points I need to score on the exam to get an A, and how many points I need to get a B (for the entire course grade).  Of course, I strive for that A in the course!  It's going to be a tight one.  I do have an A (90%) going into this final exam, so that is very helpful.  We shall see.........

3 comments:

Aron said...

Oh, how exciting to finally be at this point! I am sure you will do great at your exams. Hang in there! You've been working SO hard, but you are getting closer and closer to that goal. You are going to be a great midwife!

StorytellERdoc said...

AYC!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As someone who has always enjoyed your posts documenting your journey, I offer my heartiest and most heartfelt of congratulations to your accomplishments being attained through your diligence!

Well done!
Jim

Rachele said...

Congratulations on all your hard work and reaching this milestone! I'm an aspiring midwife at the very (VERY) beginning of my education. It's inspiring to read your blogs to get a glimpse into what it's like being a FNU student. If everything goes as planned, I'm hoping I'll be on the same road walking in your same shoes. I really enjoy reading all the things you have to share. Thank you for allowing us to follow you on your journey.