Time to start the new term! Well, actually, the first day was yesterday. I spent most of my free time saving all of the modules and journal articles to my hard drive and printing and organizing them all in my huge 3 ring binder for intrapartum. (Ooops! I started to type Antepartum there.....oh no no no no....passed that course!) I also printed out the (much less) articles and modules for Market Research.
There is quite the possibility that I will be using my blog for both of these classes this term. One involves some surveys, and the other involves the use of blogs for childbirth education. Keep looking for updates here if I do decide to use my blog for my classes this term!
I am really looking forward to intrapartum. This, to me, is the meat and potatoes of learning to be a midwife! I really enjoy the finer points of labor and birth, so this should definitely be a fantastic class.
5 comments:
First I would like to say good luck on this term!! I'm so thankful to be able to read your blog. I will be coming here everyday to see if you have any new posts. I'm a senior BSN student and I would like to attend Frontier soon. I'm so excited about continuing my education to become a nurse midwife. Thanks so much for you blog and you really are a blessing to me. :)
I don't know what state you're in, but there's a grassroots movement starting (finally) in Arizona for midwives to be allowed to attend HBAC. If you'd care to do so, the link to the petition is here http://www.change.org/petitions/contact-az-dept-of-health-to-allow-licensed-midwives-to-attend-home-vbac and why it's important to me here
http://idahobecky.blogspot.com/2011/07/womens-rights-are-human-rights.html
Sorry for using your comments section, I'd have emailed were it an option.
Use of blogs for childbirth education? In a just world, you would give them the url atyourcervix.blogspot.com, say "Done!" and it would be an A on a plate. I'm guessing that they're going to want more than that at the graduate level, but at least your readers recognize that you're already a proven expert on that subject. :)
I'm in Intrapartum and Market Research as well! Though I'm also in Women's Health Care, ack! Full time schedule with a baby due in 3 weeks... just trying to get as much done ASAP so I can relax a bit after the birth! Good luck to you this term!
I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
Wonderful post, really great tips and advice.
Melbourne Destination Guide
Hong Kong Destination Guide
Sydney Destination Guide
Melbourne Destination Guide
Hong Kong Destination Guide
Sydney Destination Guide
Post a Comment