Search Engine Box

Friday, July 01, 2011

From my head to my feet

One of the downfalls of working so much as a nurse is the aches and pains you get from being on your feet for such long stretches of time.

I bought some new shoes recently (with built in gel insoles!) and I've unfortunately been breaking them in for the past week at work. A lot. A whole lot.


Needless to say? My feet, they are aching and tired.



They need a good stone massage.


Or a good soak.

I did treat myself to a pedicure at the beginning of the week. Ahhhhh! Heaven!! Of course, you know that I got bright purple polish for my toes.

Needless to say, I am truly relaxing and enjoying my time off of work and school over the next few days, before the fun all starts again..............

What did all of this have to do with "from my head to my feet"? Well, I also have quite the nice goose-egg on my forehead from accidentally bumping it while at work. Plain old stupidity and not being careful. So I truly am aching from my head to my feet!

5 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Time for a lay day, sounds like. Or maybe even two in a row !~!

RehabRN said...

I figure my feet are most of my business, so they get overhauled (i.e. a pedicure) once a month.

It's worth every penny to be able to take off the work shoes and slip into sandals with nice looking toes!

Jennifer B said...

What kind of shoes are those? They look comfy!

AtYourCervix said...

@Jennifer: Those are Dr Scholl's with gel inserts included. They are like heaven on my feet!

Nurse and Hospital Stories said...

"So I truly am aching from my head to my feet!"

Ah, I definitely agree with Lynda. You need a break, eh, a vacation I guess for you to relax so that in your return from vacation you will have more energy to be careful while working, eh.

Cheers,
Peny@blood pressure gauge