
For the first time (ever!) I failed my written neonatal resuscitation test at work. We have to take the test every two years, plus run a mock mega code, to keep our NRP certification current.
I knew the test was coming up, however, I hadn't borrowed the NRP book to study from before taking the test. (Strike one.)
I failed by only one question in one section of the test. It was the chest compressions section, where I could miss up to 2 questions and still pass that section. I missed 3. (Strike two.)
Ack!
Now I have to retake the test later this week, and then show my proficiency in skills by running a mock mega code (which I never have problems with - it's second nature to me to just DO IT when it's happening.) But to stop and think for the written test? Tripped me up. (Strike three.)
Silly me. Thought I could just walk in, take the test, do the code, and walk out as certified for another two years.
4 comments:
If you have access to the CD that comes along with the book, I would use that. I found it much more engaging than reading through the book again...
good luck!
Ya gotta hate when that happens!
Good luck on the re-test!
Interestingly enough, the places I worked in the USA didn't allow you to fail. They would point out the questions you get wrong and ask if you wanted to change your mind (not me, I was still writing the exam when someone else took their exam up and got it all marked while they stood there). Or, what one hospital did was actually have you take it over right there and then (again, not me, I am too slow writing tests and never am first outta there- it's my touch of dyslexia, I have to really pay attention when I read!). I never saw that in Canada....
Post a Comment