Search Engine Box

Friday, December 17, 2010

Looking ahead

I am DONE with this term! WOO!! Go me! I feel some sense of relief that another term "bites the dust", but also apprehension. Why? Because for my Midwifery Community Assessment course, I submitted a big-a$$-mo-fo paper that is more than half of my grade. I turned it in yesterday.

I must say, when I hit the "submit" button on my school interface --- it's like a huge pit in my stomach. It's the "oh my gawd! I can't believe I submitted it! I take it back! ACK!"

Anyway. What's done is done. I either get a good grade to pass the course, or I don't. Life goes on!

Speaking of life going on --- with no school for me until Jan 10th, whatever will I do? Oh yes, work :-) I have plenty of shifts in the school break time, with plenty of on-call slots open that I could sign up to make some extra moolah. Perhaps I will sign up for more time. Sure is nice to have that extra boost in the paycheck.

Christmas cards: still haven't written any out. Guess I should be doing that in the next few days. I'm not very good at all about sending Christmas cards out each year.

We also have very minimal decorations up this year. Not even a tree. Bah! Humbug! you might say. Let me 'splain the reason why.

We're building a brand spanking new house!!!! I am so super excited about it! But in the process of it being built, our rental house, which is too small to begin with, is practically busting at the seams with our belongings. Also, I've been bringing home oodles of empty boxes from work to start packing, so needless to say - we have very little empty space left around here. We go to settlement in mid January. Fingers crossed that everything with the mortgage goes smoothly. It has been a very bumpy ride so far in trying to get a mortgage approved.

Would you like a sneak peek of our new house?


3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths (with a rough-in in the full basement for another 1/2 bath to be built in the future).

I can't wait for it to be done!!


5 comments:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

What a beautiful house! I can imagine it now with lots of green grass in the summer. How nice for you. Enjoy the extra time you put in for extra money!

Speculative Speculum said...

Congratulations on finishing the semester and your beautiful new home!

Don't worry. I haven't made out Christmas cards yet either.

Cartoon Characters said...

It's always nice to go into a brand new house...especially when it means there is lots of room! How wonderful for you!

Ethel said...

We usually wait until after Christmas for the cards - there are 12 days of Christmas and they start with Christmas, no reason not to take advantage.

Enjoy your new home!

Brynea said...

Congratulations on finishing the term and on the new house! I love reading your blog, because its such an inspiration to me as I have just finished my first term at the same school. I can't wait to read more!