Go figure. The last night in South Carolina, and I start to get a tickle in my throat and a cough. Wake up the morning I'm due to leave with a full blown sore throat and ear pain. Nose started up with congestion/running, etc.
And.......it gets worse when I get home. My asthma is flaring up so much with this cold/respiratory infection that I'm back on Advair twice a day, and using albuterol every 4 hrs as needed.
I'm sure it looks suspicious that I called off sick to work for the first two shifts due back, but I'm having a heck of a time breathing. Between the nasal congestion and the tightness/shortness of breath in my chest, it's not easy to breathe! How the heck am I supposed to work when I can barely take care of myself? Seriously!
(Feeling sorry for myself right now).......it really, really, really sucks to get sick after going away for a few days!!!
I promise to post more info and pictures about the birth center workshop when I'm feeling a little closer to normal again.
7 comments:
Sorry you are sick! That is no fun at all. I'm not sick, but my allergies have been in high gear the past two days, and my eyes and nose have been an itchy, runny mess. Isn't that nice? :)
I'm a new reader - I found you through "My OB Said WHAT?" - and I've enjoyed your posts. Is there an easy way to access your archives, though? The only way I could find to get to your older stuff was to page through until I got to what I was looking for (and the post I wanted was from Jan 3 - the one on faking ctx on the EFM - so it took a while). :)
Anyway, thank you for all you do! I'll be heading to L&D in about 2 months, and I'm hoping to go as intervention-free as possible this time (my 3rd; I was electively induced with my other 2) - so I am trying to learn as much as I can before I have to fight my battles (while secretly hoping that there won't BE any).
Sorry this was so long! I hope you are feeling better soon! :)
Do you use a neti pot? It'd at least help your nose. And on Dr Oz I saw them use a nasal saline spray with oil of peppermint added to get things cleared out. It's definately hard when you get the double whammy!
Don't feel guilty for missing work! Be glad that you won't be making the moms and other nurses sick! Feel better.
That sucks! It seems like this year has been so much worse than normal for colds and flu. Rest up and get better!
I finally bought and tried a Neti-pot. It feels so weird! I also use the 4 way nasal spray (no medication in it) which contains saline, eucalyptus and menthol.
Oh your poor thing. Being sick always sucks. Honestly, I'm sure you call in sick every other day so your boss will be all up in your face~~~~~NOT!!! Get better, please keep breathing, do not worry about work. Nurse's orders. Wink.
I want to second the Neti pot. I love it! Traveling always makes me sick, specially if I flew. I have learned that I have to load up on Airborne before traveling.
Post a Comment