Howdy everyone! It's been a very busy week on L&D and at the Cervix Household.
L&D: busting at the seams, as usual. We're not getting much relief in the influx of pregnant women. They just keep pouring in........with nary a room to spare. We're delivering babies in the triage unit. That's how busy it is at times. I don't know what the powers that be are thinking when they say that we don't have any RN positions open. Because we seriously need more nurses. Oh, and some more LDR rooms would be great too.
School: patho, patho, patho! I've taken two open book exams and one secure (closed book) exam so far. It was all on genetics, stress, inflammatory response, and some of the basic cellular things. Next up: the immune system. It's a biggie. Not doing a whole lot of reading for my History of Midwifery course, so I really need to get busy with that also. I have a paper due in about 4 weeks for that class.
Home: just found out that my other half has an extremely rare genetic immunity disorder. It explains a lot of the medical problems he has had since he was a child. Now, we just need to work on treatment of his existing problems. Since it's a chromosomal genetic disorder, it has no cure. Oh gee, and only 250 or so documented cases of it in the medical world. I'm concerned that our daughter might have it as well, since she exhibits several of the same symptoms. I need to get her in to see her pediatrician and have her evaluated. Quite ironic that I was just studying genetics, and now immunology........
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. And I can only begin to image the concern you have for your daughter.
Wow, what a schedule you are keeping. Not much time to take care of yourself, I am sure. I do hope you have some ways to de-stress yourself.
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
~Julie
wow, that must be a shock.
I hope your husband can start getting appropriate treatment now, and your daughter gets the right testing.
That is a bit crazy. Hope you get some answers sooner rather than later.
AYC...Chin up! I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis but he is a lucky person to have you in his corner...also, best of luck with the testing with your daughter (well-wishes and good energy are being sent your way).
Hope things calm down soon for you!
Jim
I am sorry to hear the news, but positive thinking is the key. I work in the medical field as well. You have a very hard job, no doubt. Many blessings for you and your husband.
Post a Comment