Today is the first day of my fifth term at Frontier. I am DONE with all Bridge courses. Pure and truly only the "meat and potatoes" now!!
This term takes me into two different worlds:
Pathophysiology for Primary Care. Ahhhhhhhh, patho. The (sometimes) bane of my existence. Without knowing how things work, how can one understand disease and health? This is the very basics of how the human body works. Getting into more detail of reproductive health when I take Reproductive Physiology in the summer. I got a taste of patho when I took my Health Assessment course, several terms ago. Much, much more detailed this time. And yet, it seems to be the tip of the iceberg...........
History of Midwifery and Birth Centers. Oh yeah baby! History that I can actually ENJOY!!! Now, realize this: I hated history in high school. Boring with a capital B. But history of midwifery? I read that stuff for fun. For FUN, I tell ya!! The required book for this course is just another addition to the pile of books I have about the history of midwifery. Somehow, I think I'm going to rather enjoy this course a lot.
Yes, that is all folks. Just two courses this term. It's plenty for me though! Lots of reading, writing and test taking. Also, as a requirement for the History of Midwifery course, I will be going to one of the "How to Start a Birth Center" workshops held by AABC. I'm thinking of heading to the Charleston, SC one that will be held in May of this year. South Carolina in May......how much more lovely can the weather be for that? And learning about midwifery and birth centers at the same time. Work+school+good weather=oh la la!!!! FUN!
9 comments:
Hi! I'm a long time lurker on your blog- love it! Can you give me the title of the book you are reading for History of Midwifery (or another that you would recommend)? I'd love to read a good one. Thanks!
May in South Carolina? I could get into that. I will check it out. I have sooooo much to do in the school department. If you need any help with your stuff, send me an email. I loved patho. I thought the teacher was very good. I hope you enjoy it too.
I think History of Midwifery does sound like fun! I am in an RN program right now but hope to attend Frontier in the future so it's fun to follow your school work in the hopes that it will be mine one day!q
Midwifery and Childbirth in America by the esteemed Judith Pence Rooks.
Monica - Pinky commented with the book title and author. Have fun! I'll do a whole post one day on my hx of midwifery and childbirth books that I own.
Charleston in May is nice....go for it!
The history class was very good!
Does pat Caudle still teach patho? She does a great job with it and is so easy to talk to :)
Ciarin - yep, same prof!
lurker from the charleston, sc area here...maybe biased but i highly recommend visiting charleston! e-mail me if you decide to go there & i can point you to some yummy places to eat and pretty things to see. :)
Lurker popping in too, visited my folks in Charleston last may and sorry to say it is already miserably hot at that time! Insane humidity and 90+ weather every day. Get ready for HEAT!
Post a Comment