Search Engine Box

Thursday, February 28, 2013

40 births

I'm DONE with my 40 births!!!!!!!

I went out with a bang too --- two massive postpartum hemorrhages, one visitor seizing immediately postpartum, baptism by amniotic fluid and blood (despite the waterproof barrier gown), and retained pieces of placenta.

When I finish something, I finish it in style!

Pretty awesome when you (and the practice as a whole) have a VERY high successful VBAC rate. This alone I absolutely love and am so ecstatic about.  This OB/CNM practice rocks when it comes to a woman's full right to choose her birth options.

9 comments:

JustAnotherJenny said...

Yippee!! Congratulations! Sounds like an eventful (stressful) day!

So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You've worked long and hard, and now you deserve to celebrate!

Antigonos said...

Mazal tov! I'm sure you will do well on your exams!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Congrats and best wishes. Hemorrhage can be very scary-we nearly lost a neighbor a year back to PPH, thankfully she was in hospital after an attempted home birth. I suspect had she delivered at home, we'd not have had her here for his first birthday. Very frightening experience.

On to your next stage-very proud of you for all you have accomplished since i began reading your blog.

Aron said...

WooHoo! Huge congrats to you! Can't wait to read all about your journey as a new midwife too!

Journey_On said...

Yay - congrats!

Rebecca said...

Woohoo! congratulations to you, and especially to all those VBAC mamas :-)

Nurse Dee said...

congrats!!!

So can you start there???

RN to BSN student said...

Congratulations. I am so close to finishing my clinicals! Thanks for a great blog. I really enjoy reading.