Leukorrhea: the normal discharge of pregnancy. Can be white, creamy, or clear. Yes, it increases with pregnancy, more so the closer you get to your due date. Normal, normal, normal. It can look like mucus, or like snot, especially in the last weeks of pregnancy. Normal, normal, normal!
But, if you have anything that is:
Clumpy like cottage cheese
Green
Yellow
Grey
Frothy
Itchy
Burns
Smells bad
Pink/red/purple/brown/black
None of that is normal. Yes, I want to see it, and look at some of it under a microscope.
Sincerely,
The Student Nurse-Midwife
4 comments:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This needed to be said. Why doesn't anyone talk about this?
This needs to be posted on Facebook where it can be seen by everyone. Please do that-even anonymously.
I am currently pregnant with my first. Working on my MPH focusing on childbirth and also trained as a doula. It has been interesting how my perceptions (read: worries) change when it's ME and MY body with wacko pregnancy symptoms I knew nothing about until now.
This post tickled my funny bone, but it also gave me my new mantra for pregnancy. My mantra is ... "Normal! Normal! Normal!" I think that every time and smile to myself. Basically anything you google "is x normal in pregnancy?" -> yes.
Noted, of course, that some things are not normal. I had a scary 2nd trimester transient bleed that I had to get checked out in the ER. You know what the consensus was after ultrasound, exam, etc etc? Normal! Normal! Normal! And it's still my mantra while I'm getting my mo-jo back after the scare.
xo thanks for writing
Great post, thanks.
Post a Comment