Search Engine Box

Monday, October 22, 2012

24 hour call time (student midwife)

What will the next 24 hours of on call time at the hospital bring?  We shall see.  There is at least one induction that I know is scheduled, and I should be catching her baby within the next 24 hours.  She's a multip, so, fingers crossed that her induction goes quick, as it should.

I submitted my first continuity client paperwork and reflection over the weekend.  I'm hoping to knock out a few more sets of paperwork related to at least one or two more continuity clients in the upcoming weeks.

Should I over-pack for the 24 hour call, or under-pack?  If I pack books, laptop, schoolwork, etc, then I know I will be up the entire 24 hours and get none of it done.  If I under-pack.............I will get some sleep.  Oh, choices, choices!!

4 comments:

Antigonos said...

I never go anywhere without my Kindle and iPod [which has a lot of audiobooks as well as music], and usually take some small project to crochet or knit. That usually provides for all eventualities.

I operate on the "umbrella principle": if you don't want rain, bring an umbrella. Of course, if you do want rain, wash the car or your windows :-)), so if you want lots of action, overpack with stuff to keep you from being bored.

Kori said...

Do not underestimate the power of sufficient sleep.

Stella said...

I think the best idea ever I could think of is to put everything you need on your car so your good to go!

AtYourCervix said...

Two more births :-) I'm a happy girl!