Search Engine Box

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Winding down the term already!

Since I'm in clinicals now, I don't have a break between school terms.  I just keep plugging away at my clinical hours and once I meet my hours/objectives for clinical 1, then I can move on to clinical 2.  Basically, I need to have a minimum of 135 hrs completed for clinical 1, and I'm sitting right at about 125 hrs completed.  Tomorrow is another 12 hr hospital call day, so I will have my term hours DONE after I finish tomorrow!  WOOHOO!!  As for assignments for clinicals, we have daily data sheets to fill out and upload, weekly reflections to upload, and monthly skills assessment sheets to upload.  All patient numbers get plugged into our student tracking system online (nothing that violates privacy laws), and those are added up as I go.  I'm currently at 7 (of the required 40) births completed, about a dozen new OB clients, I think around 30-40 return prenatal visits, a couple of postpartum visits, some gyn problems visits, a bunch of primary care visits, and one newborn exam thus far.  There are other categories, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Basically, I'm moving along quite nicely.

Looking forward to the time that I can finally say I am done with school, and I pass my boards and can sign myself as a CNM!

6 comments:

FancyScrubs said...

Congratulations on moving along in your clinicals... On your way to that CNM before you know it.

Amanda said...

I remember WAY back when you were just starting on this... way to go! You'll be there soon :)

Anonymous said...

I must tell you the link on the left for 'speculative speculum' transfers to a sex solicitation site!!

Curlygirl said...

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to be accepted into the program and to become a L/D nurse. It's very encouraging to read yr blog keep chomping at the bit!!! :)

AtYourCervix said...

Anonymous - thanks for letting me know. I just tried the link, and it takes the viewer to the correct site (speculative speculum). Perhaps it was a fluke?

Anonymous said...

The link starts off at the correct one, changes a few times then ends up a dating site now.