It is week five (? I think) of the last didactic term before I attend my clinical bound session in Kentucky. I am officially starting to panic.
In addition to my regular course work to do (weekly readings and extensive note-taking/flash card typing for advanced antepartum, plus quizzes, forum postings and exams coming up; health policy: two big papers to gather data and write and holy crap one of them is due in two weeks!!!), I also have to get ready for clinical bound. It's not as easy as packing my suitcase and driving to KY! I have to:
Register for bound classes (next week) and start working on that information/readings/assignments
Submit a background check application
Pre-clinical interview with my regional clinical coordinator (RCC)
Fill out professional experience and learning needs papers to give to my RCC
Fill out clinical skills checklist and send to RCC and my CNM preceptor
Review policies in the school catalog
Review online clinical bound prep (generalized forum/info)
Get copies of all of my immunizations/titers
Copy my TB testing form from work, make sure it stays current
Send a slew of documents to the credentialing person for my school
Complete OSHA and HIPAA modules online
Sign and submit HIPAA form
Complete and submit a health form
Copy the following and submit: RN license, BLS/CPR, EFM monitoring course, NRP certification, proof of current health insurance
Then I get to:
Prepare for clinical bound by completing all prerequisite assignments and readings in two courses that will be added next week
Complete the module for the patient data information program that will be used in clinicals
Send in my clinical bound registration form & pay my fee to attend clinical bound ($720 at my last count)
Do the billing and coding module online
Attend a session on the patient data information program
Review the forum for "what to expect on campus"
Oh, did I mention the regular coursework I'm working on (drowning in) right now? Yes, I thought I did mention it previously.
Somewhere in here I also have to talk to my preceptor about what her/my schedule will be starting in late July.
Panic. Commence.
3 comments:
You can do it! :)
Oh my. I am starting to panic for you!
But, you know what they say (and I live by it!):
You can even eat an elephant, if you take one bite at a time!!
Good luck with it all! :)
I will be rooting for you!
that whole elephant saying is one of our (as students) favorite sayings! That, and: "keep swimming!"
Post a Comment