- Vagazzling (glued crystal and feather designs for your upper pubic area -- yeehaaawww!)
- The purchase of a oh so special piece of plastic/latex female anatomy from a sex toy shop for use in practicing suturing techniques
- Practicing Cardinal Movements of labor on a pelvic model (with a doll) at the local diner/restaurant
- Beer drinking, wine drinking, Cheetohs eating, chocolate binging
- Birkenstocks: need I say more?
- Tie dyed skirts, letting our armpit hair grow, and letting it all go granola
- To vegan or not to vegan: do you love your steak or your greens? (Hey, that sounds like a great doctoral thesis!)
- While we're on it, a various sundry of other hypothetical doctoral theses/capstone projects (all in jest)
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice: who, what, how? Are you really crazy enough to go back to school for more??? Do we really want to be known as Dr. Nurse?
- Are your floors bare or do you keep a full jungle bush (or something in between)?
- Do we really have to practice pelvic exams on each other? What about if we have our period? (Answer: it's optional for everyone. And your period at the time of the exam would probably be great lubrication.)
- While we're talking about lube.......how about a 55 gallon drum of it? It would go nicely with your B.O.B. collection. If you have a collection.
- A healthy sex life: who still has one of those while in midwifery school anyway? (Time to clean out the cobwebs, or invest in another 55 gallon drum of lube.)
- Do I really need to read all of this material for this class/this module? (Answer: it depends.)
- Reading for fun: what is that anyway?
- How many names can you come up with for the word "vagina"?
- I am going to need for you to write a reflection on that topic please.
- Managing work, family, kids, and school: who really needs time for themselves when you have all of that?
I am seriously loving reading all of the funny/wacked/hysterical/crazy conversations that go on there.
Best. Group. EVER!
Do the other students know me in real life? Some of them know who I am, but most do not. All in good time ;-)
(image above from CafePress.com)

7 comments:
It is the best group ever!!! One place where we all "get" the daily struggles & triumphs of being a midwifery student...& I'm the one that suggested the 55 gallon drum of lube....
and the wackiness continues......eh Lisa?
when i first met the other girls in my cohort in person (i'm at georgetown by distance), it was the best moment. i was all like, "THESE ARE MY PEOPLE!" our first lunch convo had even the FNP students cringing. the camaraderie is so important, especially when you're in an online program. from the sound of it, we'd probably be great friends. :)
p.s. you can never have too much lube.
Haha, good times! I am pretty sure I know who you are. ;)
I'm still laughing at vagazzeling! I should have finished my coffee first before I spit it out while laughing reading this post.
I think I'm going to go by my wife the "bedazzler (sp?)" for Mother's Day!
Thanks for the am laughs, AYC!
Jim
Great to have you back again Jim!!
Post a Comment