I absolutely, cannot believe it. It was a "nice" Thursday shift last evening. No crazy families, no one came in drunk or high (patients or family), and there were no fist fights in the hallway (family members). Nurses got to go home early from their shift, and there were no crazy stat-OH-MY-GOD c-sections for the entire shift. How can this be? It was a full moon too!
Oh man, we are so screwed tonight. The Karma Gods and Goddesses will be paying us back in full for having a normal Thursday. Time to pull out the TED hose, prepare to not pee for 8+ hrs straight, and forget about a dinner break. Oh, and coffee? Yeah, forget about that.
2 comments:
I'm totally hoping for a full moon birth for my baby tonight - I'm 3 days over - wish I lived somewhere close to you so you could be my nurse!
My Wednesday was surprisingly good too! Although we did have one stat c/s that resulted in a vented baby....we had no patients the entire afternoon! So yea, my next shift will be hell!
Post a Comment