I'm living in a small house, and then buy another, larger house. This house is situated way back behind another even larger house, sort of like a large plantation/farm with several buildings. Apparently, I got an awesome deal on this house - along the lines of $200,000 (but it's worth way more). It's an old house, very much like a Victorian. It's super creepy on the outside. But, the house draws me to it.
I never truly move into the house. I tend to stay/live at my old house, but come visit the Victorian from time to time. Once, it rained so heavily that the road between the main house (on the same property) and my newly bought Victorian becomes flooded out. I walk to the house instead. When inside, I find that the basement is totally flooded, and part of the first floor is flooded as well. As the water recedes on the roadway outside the house, so does the water in the house also recede. I am left to clean up the inside of the house from the water. Strangely, there is no lasting water damage.
Other times, when I enter the house, it feels totally haunted. Some of the dreams have me searching the different rooms in the house. Almost, like I'm exploring the house, to find out what each room is, and what it contains. The house is full of furniture, mostly old fashioned furniture.
Once, I was trying to get out of the house - there was a series of obstacle type courses I had to survive, while going down each flight of stairs (of which there were at least five flights of stairs). Some of the obstacles included trying to evade these evil creatures that would devour/kill me if I failed.
There is always this underlying feeling that there is an evil presence in the house. But I do not want to re-sell the house. I actually want to move in!
My recall of the inside of the house is very sketchy when I wake up. Some rooms I can describe/picture in my mind, but others are a big blank. I don't know if it's because I haven't looked in every room in the house, or some other reason.
But I am always left with a feeling of dread, that there is evil in the house, that I need to clean the evil out of the house. The last time I dreamed of the house, I was using burned sage to cleanse the doorways and windows.
I am literally drawn back into this house and variations of this dream every night for the past week or two. It's like I keep going back to it (the house, the dream), trying to figure it out.
11 comments:
Maybe you lived in this house in a past life?
Cool dreams, BTW!
I'm no good at dream interpretation, but I read somewhere once that if you are dreaming of things that have levels, they usually represent different levels of consciousness.
I have no idea if that helps.
What an incredible dream! Usually, your take on the dream is the best indication of what it means to you.Our dreams are often pictures into how we are perceiving, interpreting, coping with and managing our lives. They can reflect fears, concerns, and issues that we can't seem to work out in our conscious lives. How do you feel in the dream? It seems like you are trying to work out "evil" things in your dream and seem continually drawn to the haunting, evil things. Knowing a little about what you've shared regarding your personal life, could this have anything to do with your past relationships? Life choices that have influenced your current situation? You've recently bought and moved into a new house. That's a big change. You are nearing the end of a long, arduous course of study that will fulfill a dream you've had of becoming a midwife. Another very big change. Is there anything you perceive about yourself or your past that might hold you back? Again, how do YOU interpret the dream? Anyway, a couple of my thoughts and I am very interested to see what others say and what you come to. God bless you!
Do you think there is some meaning in this dream ?
There is some part of your schooling / journey to midwifery that you are avoiding. You know you have to face it at some point but you keep putting it off. You don't know why exactly it bothers you so much, but it is so distasteful that you just don't bother with it at all. Procrastination. Facing your fears. Wanting to move forward with curiosity and an open mind, but something deep within you is afraid or unwilling.
Here are the questions I have for you. What is it about something new and improved in your life, that actually isn't? if it is your education then, Are there aspects if midwifery that really upset you? For me the fear (actual terror) I have is becoming a bystander and not advocating for women, for me the question will always be how to know if THIS is the labor where the c-sec had to happen and I pushed for continued labor... For you it might be completely different.
Whether these real life situations are being played out in my dreams, I don't know. But, in real life, I have faced in the past year: moving from a small townhouse to a brand new home (new construction), flooding in my town (but it did not affect my own home), failing a class but passing it the 2nd time around (could this be the "monsters" who try to devour/kill me?).
Also - I love Victorian houses. Love the design, layout, history, the mystery of the people who lived there before. I also am keenly interested in the supernatural.
When searching for a house to buy, I did find a Victorian that I was very much interested in purchasing. Could my sub-conscious be telling me that I am not in my "ideal" or "perfect" house yet? That I regret not buying the Victorian when it was available?
"Cleansing" the house with sage: I have yet to do that in the new house in real life. I have not felt a need to cleanse the house, since it was built in a former farmer's field, and was a new construction house. In other words, no bad history in the house or on the land, thus, no need to cleanse the house/doorways/windows. (Yes, I believe in cleansing with burned sage.)
The exploration of the rooms in the dream -- perhaps, it is me exploring myself, my own consciousness for who I am on the inside? I feel like I am constantly evolving and changing who I am (for the better, for the most part!).
Maybe it's my way of telling myself that I am not happy living in the physical house that I am currently at now. I don't know - because I really do love this new house (in real life)!
I too thought the house might represent your midwifery education...you are learning a lot of things that are both cool and old-fashioned, but also a lot of those things must be seriously contradicting what you learned in your nursing education. The flood water is interesting...an external thing that comes in but leaves no lasting damage...I'm not sure what to make of that.
But remember that your blog readers really only hear about the nursing and midwifery parts of your life, so that is the only lens we really have to interpret your dream through.
I have dreams like this, but it's my grandpa's house. I have invented another level or two "upstairs." It used to be "haunted" upstairs. I always find a room with my grandma's stuff, she died before I was born. It's always rich and full of treasures. Old necklaces and jewels, beautiful walnut furniture, red velvet bedding and curtains. It's always dark. I investigate other areas upstairs, and find strange things come to life. Once though, I dreamt that all the things that came to life were actually automatic toys like those in museums or fairs in movies. It had all been a joke, and I should have never been afraid. I think some of what I go through is that there is much unknown about my grandma. I long to be connected to my family, and love old beautiful things. For me, we are financially struggling, and I wonder how much is finding treasure also.
So, I wonder what in your life you are feeling that causes the investigation of the house? What are you searching for? What are you afraid of in your life?
Blessings!
Dawn
houses in dreams usually represent the self, the more rooms, the more aspects of your self that are being explored/ worked on.
water represents emotion. since your basement is flooding, this may be an indication that you are not feeling grounded/supported. Think of the levels of the house in terms of the chakras, this might help as well. Basement would correlate to your root. Emotions involving our root chakra are stored in our pelvis and reproductive organs. Check out Tammy Kent's book Wild Feminine, may give some insight.
This is an intense dream, seems like you are really doing some work in this area and no wonder with everything you are doing right now.
I think everyone has already touched on my take on the dream.
The new house- new career
floods- set backs you have already had to face and overcame none the worse for wear.
staying at the old house- you are still at your old job, while this new one is so much on the forefront of your mind.
all the rooms- all the classes
obstacle course- well that is obvious- nursing school is like a never ending obstacle course.
feelings of dread or haunting- self doubt (it creeps in a bit in all of us)
still drawn to the house- you know you want this career choice and no matter what you have to do to get there you will.
Happy sleeping :D
Post a Comment