Search Engine Box

Monday, December 12, 2011

Coffee flavored creamer alternatives

Just brewed up a cuppa, and found that I was out of my usual flavored coffee creamer to pour in for a splash of flavor (hazelnut, thankyouverymuch!). I was playing to see what would work.

I always make my coffee by brewing 2 shots of espresso, and add steamed milk. VOILA! My own homemade latte.

I tried a splash of eggnog. Eh. It's ok, but not quite what I was looking for.

I search the fridge, high and low. Ah! Marachino cherry juice! Added a splash.

Oh yeah............good stuff.

What do you use to flavor up your coffee if you have run out of your usual flavoring?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Dark chocolate almond milk - yummy!

AtYourCervix said...

ohhhh yum Amanda!

UnsinkableMB said...

A half teaspoon of vanilla extract plus some cinnamon. My version of Mexican coffee!

MamaOnABudget said...

I'm a hazelnut creamer girl myself... recently found that wonder (I haven't been a regular coffee drinker until after #3 was born - now it's a necessity).

If I'm out, I have powdered goat's milk that okay (all of my babies have been sensitive to dairy in my diet while nursing the first 6 months or so - goat's milk is a great coffee creamer if you can't have anything else - richer than cow's milk, I think).

But lately, if I'm out of creamer, I've reached for a packet of hot chocolate. I try not to do it too often, though - I'll sub tea instead of coffee to try and reign in the calories!

AtYourCervix said...

Yes, you're right - hot chocolate sure can pack on the calories, especially if it's your "go to" drink. I used to drink cups and cups of each before I had gastric bypass surgery. Never even thinking just how many calories I was drinking every day (at least, in the cold weather months)......

technorantia said...

coffee already has flavour. it tastes like coffee.