Search Engine Box

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Midwifery eduction: week five - scratch that -- six -- of the term

I realize that I have been posting less and less, the more I become involved in the more challenging midwifery courses. It just seems like this blog goes on the (very) back burner more often than not.

Anyhoo.........just a little taste of what I still have to do this week:

Newborn: study my two modules that we worked on last week and this. Take exam by Friday. Start reading the humongous -- and I do mean HUGE!! -- reading assignments for the next module: breastfeeding. Holy crap. It's a lot of info.

Women's Health: read my module assignment readings regarding breast health and cytology screening. Exam for that one is due on Monday of next week.

It's like this every week. Read this, take test. Read this, take test. Have to keep up with it all, or I miss exam due dates and thus, fail that exam. Oh, plus there are other "miscellaneous" assignments that need to be started (a teaching booklet, already divided into sections for our team; case studies; bonus module for extra credit points in Women's health).

I seriously have had several "what the hell was I thinking?!?" moments about midwifery school.

Edited because I'm such a flipping idiot. It's not week five. It's week six. Let panic commence!

2 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

It’s hard I know but so very worth it in the end. You will make a great MSN. Stick to your schedule and get good food and better rest. Soon it will all be behind you and I will be so proud of you that I will beam

Nicolle L. Gonzales CNM said...

I know it's overwhelming, but you can do this! Book knowledge is only 1/2 the battle, you will put most of this information to good use once you are in clinicals. You may also be surprised that the practices are not always used, but modified to fit the situation. Take a breath and read what you can. skim..skim..skim..the reading, most of the time the first sentence is what you need to know, and the paragraph is only fluff and further explanation of that first sentence.