Search Engine Box

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

National Midwifery Week 2011


Happy National Midwifery Week 2011!! What are you doing to promote or celebrate midwifery this week?

5 comments:

JoAnna Wahlund said...

I reread Peggy Vincent's "The Baby Catcher" (and had some REALLY strange dreams about childbirth as a result of reading right before bed!).

I'm currently reading "Pushed" by Jennifer Block, and next plan to read "Birth" by Tina Cassidy.

AtYourCervix said...

I got so angry with reading "Pushed" that I had to put it down. It's because I can relate to far too much of it. I will finish it, one day.

Lacey Jane said...

I'm going to call my midwives and ask them completely beserk questions, like "does extremely hard and fast pelvic thrusting have the potential to seperate my placenta?" because I am in a musical where we dance and the dancing includes pelvic thrusting, but not normal pelvic thrusting- the kind of pelvic thrusting that would hurt, if you were standing too close to my vagina.

...I am 99.9% sure that it wouldn't, but I am going to ask them just in case- and because it's a funny question that I doubt they have heard. :) Yay midwives!

AtYourCervix said...

Lacey - that would certainly be a unique question for your midwives! (I would imagine that it won't harm, because it almost sounds like very acrobatic sexual activity.) Just call them and discuss it with them, just in case.

I'm curious........what musical are you performing in?

Lacey Jane said...

Evil Dead the Musical :)