www.dropbox.com - free! I have an account on my PC and I have it on my iPhone. They each synch with one another. This is where I upload and share PDF files, most especially those super long ones that I need for school, but don't want to necessarily print out 25+ pages.
Despite online schooling, I am still a hands on and visual learner. Yes, that means I print out a zillion different articles and assignments for school. I have to dissect them with a pen and highlighter to retain the info and to give me visual cues for important information. Yes, I kill a lot of trees. And I got through way more ink than I ever imagined for my printer.
I have finally figured out a good outline/layout for typing my notes from textbook readings onto a Word document --- that I print out and use to study from. I wish I had figured this system out 3 years ago when I started this program.
I love note cards! I print info on note cards using my printer. Easy, on the go note cards. Love them.
On this final note: why does MS Word not recognize medical terminology? Why must I always get a squiggly red line under each medical word, unless I click on each word to add to the dictionary? Anyone know of a dictionary program or application that I can add to MS Word that contains a lot of medical words? That would save me such a visual headache from the red sqigglies.

8 comments:
COMPLETELY agree with you!!!! I hate that word doesn't recognize medical terms, it's irritating having to continuously add them.
Hope someone adds a comment indicating a program that has them already added or an add on - SOMETHING that would make it easier for us in the medical world!
Either way, good luck with the studies!!!
Do tell! What is your outline layout for organizing readings from texts? I'm computer savvy, but I still juggle 1-subject notebooks for my notes.
I suggest just turning off the red squigglies! Then run a spellcheck before submitting. You'll still have to add the medical words as you go, but it will be more efficient and you won't have to get red-squiggly headaches while writing your paper.
Would this help?
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/customize-the-word-dictionary-for-medical-terms-HA001048319.aspx
How do you print onto notecards? can you share?
It isn't just medical terms, biochemical terms and chemistry terms, biology terms in general are missing.
Yes, please tell! I'm a nursing student, first semester in a 4year BScN program and I'd love to hear your ideas. I just caught on that my teachers are not elaborating enough of the material in class and that they are almost on purpose leaving us to our own devices with regards to textbooks readings.
I was at first doing them without notes, but the power point slides and inclass notes are still insufficient and I need to make textbook notes. Writing them out however was painfully slow! What's your trick for doing it in Word?
Thanks so much!
I remember buying a keyboard for my old Handspring PDA in an attempt to take notes on it, pre-laptops. How times have changed!
Post a Comment