Search Engine Box

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Market Research

One of the assignments for my Market Research class is a review of midwifery-related blogs. WOOHOO! Now, that's my kinda fun classwork! We are working in a team (so far, there are three of us), and we're dividing the work up among us.

I really think that I'm going to enjoy this Market Research class. I didn't think I would - but I'm quite happy and excited about it!

Back to school work.........

8 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Cool. I love reading blogs and midwife ones are really good. Will you be posting any links to the ones you are reviewing?

Diana said...

If you need blogs to look at, I have a list of about 120+ on my sidebar. Good luck, I hope to hear all about it!

AtYourCervix said...

Almost all of the blogs are already listed on my sidebar. :-)

Midlife Midwife said...

Gee that sounds like so much more fun than the market research I did! (no blogs to research back then)

Antigonos said...

Another "fluff" course! I am amazed at some--indeed, most--of the courses you have had to take, so far. But I guess they had to pad the list of courses as much as possible to justify making a CNM a Master's degree program...

Anonymous said...

After reading your post I decided I wanted to find out a bit more about what mid-wives do.
http://www.dailyrx.com/videos/delivery-and-midwife.html
I did not know midwives could not deliver pain-med during the birthing process. I would be very curious what kind of opinions turn up on the blogs you research for your projects about the support midwives perceive they receive as care providers professionally.

AtYourCervix said...

Steph - it depends upon the setting for the birth. Homebirth - I doubt that midwives even have access to pain medication (other than local anesthetic for laceration repair). Birth center - I believe that they cannot dispense pain medication there either (may depend on specific state regulations). But in the hospital, CNMs can order pain medication -- and even epidurals!

Anonymous said...

There was a very interesting debate today on NPR about legislation to regulate midwives in Massachusetts today I had to share with you.

http://radioboston.wbur.org/2011/07/19/midwives-regulation