Search Engine Box

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Finishing up an awesome run of time "off"

No birth stories recently, because I'm winding down a lovely, looooooooong stretch off from work! Been spending time with the family, enjoying Mother's Day (happy mother's day everyone!), and also studying my little tush off!

Primary care is actually going better than I thought it would. I'm finding the information actually very interesting (ha! go figure!), and I have definitely learned quite a bit.

Antepartum - well, since this is round 2 for AP, I'm trying my best not to slack off. I'm re-reading and re-formatting the information so I can study and memorize it all better. So far, so good! Getting an A in AP, and also getting an A in Primary Care. Halfway through the term, so let's keep it that way, huh?

So far, if I stay on target, I will start clinicals in July 2012. Yes, it's 3 months later than my original plan, but due to failing the final in AP last term, I had to add another term to my plan of study. Have no fear! I will get there!

I am ready to be done with the didactic work. It feels like it has dragged on and on and on and on..............well yes, it has dragged on. I've been doing this since Dec 2008/Jan 2009. That is 2 yrs and 5 months.

A freaking long time!

I find it hard to stay focused and stay inspired some days. It feels like it will never end. But I know it will. Just have to kick back, regroup, get my ass in gear and keep treading water.

Absorb and assimilate the information. Write and re-write the information and work on case studies and scenarios to comprehend it all.

Yep, I can do this.

2 comments:

hebamme ~ said...

you got this!! just keep going... once you hit CB, it's all downhill from there ... not that you don't know that ;)

Metpatpetet said...

Keep with it. Until now you have been largely talking about midwifery; now you will be actually doing it. You'll feel the difference almost immediately.