I know several of you are waiting to hear what happened.
Yes, I took the final exam for my antepartum class. I bombed it. Big time. It was only 50 questions, but they were each worth 4 points. The total grade for the final was 40% of my course grade.
I went into the final exam confident - I know my stuff. I also went into it with an 85% class average from my other assignments. I aced the majority of my quizzes. This final should have been easy, right?
I thought it was easy when I took it. I also didn't study very much. Mistake #1.
Apparently, I missed some very basic questions/areas. Luckily for me, the instructor emailed me the sections I missed. So, I know where to focus more of my energy when I re-take this class in the next term.
My final exam grade was so bad that it pulled my course average down to just 1-2% below passing. Passing is 80% or more.
I WILL NOT LET THIS GET ME DOWN!!!!!!
I WILL LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!!!!
I WILL TAKE STUDYING MORE SERIOUSLY!!!!!
(Yes, I am depressed about it. Shocked about it. Sad about it. But I will pass this course next term.)
9 comments:
I'm so sorry you didn't pass that final, and that kept you from passing the class! Bummer. You have every right to be upset and frustrated.
But I bet that when you do re-take the class and its final, you will not take it for granted at all and will retain that information far longer than otherwise. This bump in the road may well help you be a better clinician in the long run.
See it not just for the disappointment it has been, but also for the opportunity for it can be for improving your practice.
Such a bummer. You'll get it next time!
I love your attitude! I believe things like this happen to remind us we always need to be as prepared as possible.
I'm positive you'll rock it next time!!!!!
AYC
Sorry for your news. Was rooting for you here. Chin up, though. You WILL reach the goals you set for yourself. Your readers have every confidence in that.
This is but a small bump on the beautiful path of life. Don't forget that.
J
I'm so sorry! You certainly have the right attitude, though. I can imagine it's frustrating and disappointing, but you'll kick it next time around!! That was, by far, my worst class so far in this program...
I'm sorry - you were so close!
The "80% = passing" is something that will take time getting used to (for me, personally). I "failed" an exam in Patho with what would have been a "passing" grade if I were in my undergrad program.
You'll rock this class next term!
Thank you for your support everyone! This is, by far, the most difficult endeavor I have faced in my life.
You will get it. Thanks for the update.
How much longer do you have until you are completely finished your midwifery course? Will you still work at your hospital then?
Bummer! I hate it when things like that happen. I'd probably cry!
I'm sure one test doesn't reflect the nurse that you are though. Hang in there, study more the next time and ROCK that test!
Post a Comment