Search Engine Box

Monday, February 14, 2011

Back after a short hiatus

I'm ready to take care of pregnant women again. It's been a busy four days off, but I'm truly ready for labor and birth. Bring it on!

Just don't put me in charge.

Pretty please.

Someone, please tell me, why it seems like I never get as much accomplished on my days off as I had planned to get done? Anyone know the secret to actually getting "enough" things done in your days off?

I have school assignments, doctor appointments, miscellaneous household running around stuff, but yet --- it seems like I didn't do much. ??? I know I've been busy for the past four days. Just don't have a whole lot to show for it!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Maybe I'm just weird, but I choose my top 3 priorities for the day and if they get done then I feel like I really accomplished something...anything else is bonus! lol And I've got my fingers crossed that they don't put you in charge!!

LauraT said...

Perhaps the sheer exhaustion of moving, your long, BUSY, emotionally -charged work days, and JUST LIFE makes you a wee bit tired on your days off and perhaps less industrious? I think melaniek's suggestion is great! Top three priorities...

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I was postpartum w/#2 -- feeling like you get nothing accomplished. Instead of making a to-do list of what I wanted/need to accomplish, I wrote a "done list" -- writing down things that I had already done, and crossing them off the list. There were actually quite a lot of things on that list, and it made me feel better, and helped me to remember that I really and truly had actually been busy and had accomplished things, even though I couldn't readily think of them.

-Kathy