Search Engine Box

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Antepartum, more!

I should have never verbalized that this Antepartum course is easy. I just got back my first of three written assignments (they're called Office Visits). It's where we're given a scenario, and are asked specific questions that we must answer. Thoroughly. Very, very thoroughly. A lot of patient education type of questions.

Well. I got a 74%. Not happy with that! Not at all!

The good news: the comments on the assignment give good feedback about what is needed to improve the write-up. We get a chance to re-write and resubmit the office visit document. WHEW!

The downside? You can only get a maximum score of 80% on the retake, even if you answer better than an 80%.

Bummer, there goes that "easy A" I though I would get for this class.

12 comments:

Speculative Speculum said...

Ah man! I would have been bumbed out too. Good luck with the second go around! :)

John said...

74 is not bad, Anyhow best of luck for other two assignments

AtYourCervix said...

74% is not bad, but is also not passing. Need a minimum of 80% on everything to pass the course.

StorytellERdoc said...

Hey AYC...

Isn't that always the way--the simple, no-hassle classes always end up being the most time-consuming ones? And then the hard ones we fly through...

Oh well. I hope you have a good weekend. 80%--take it and run! LOL

Jim

Nicholas & Ellie's Daddy said...

Good luck with the rest of the course! I'm taking a class I thought was going to be easy, it's a lot of busy work blah blah.

LGA said...

I'm gonna be the asshole that says it...

I bet you are really learning a lot though.

???

Sometimes I think our country/culture/society is too focused on grades. Can you imagined what would happen if we were never graded on anything? What we might learn? Without the "pressure" of getting the grade... we may be open to just learn and just experience the learning.

xo

hebamme ~ said...

if it makes you feel any better (it probably won't, but...) i think i had to re-do that first one, too.

i just didn't realize exactly what they were looking for, if i remember... it's all a haze now :)

this too shall pass, as much as it's an ego hit!

RehabNurse said...

Keep at it! Don't give up.

I thought I would flunk last semester and I got enough points to just get an A.

Nothing like learning the system and doing lots and lots and lots of work.

Mom2Seven said...

I smell what your stepping in Miss AtYourCervix.

It's a sucky sucky day to fail a test.

Carla said...

BTDT. I had to redo that assignment too. At least, I think we're talking about the same assignment. :op

just found your blog from One Delicious Delivery.

They get a little easier. Or at least, you know better what to expect. Good luck with the rest of them.

Jessica said...

That so sucks...and apparently it doesn't get better! What class # are you in? I'm in class 80, and the folks in class 71 are our peer mentors. I'm just wading thru Statistics and Leadership, glad it'll be done in a couple of weeks...

AtYourCervix said...

I'm bridge class 64