Search Engine Box

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The little engine that could.......lose her sanity

Good afternoon everyone!

Well, I've been quite the busy girl with printing up just some of the assignments and notes to read for the beginning of the next school term. My poor printer has no clue what's coming in the months to come. I'm surprised the printer has lasted this long.

New ink cartridge? Yep.

New reams of paper? Yep.

New humongous 3 ring binder? Yep.

My sanity? Debatable.

Whose idea was it to buy a house and move at the beginning of a term? Yeah, that would be my idea. I've been having to print out document after document to appease the loan Gods (ahem) for all of the little proof of this, and proof of that so they will allow this mortgage to go to settlement. I had no idea of the paperwork involved in the purchase of a home! It's worse than being a nurse! (There - I said it! There IS something worse than a nurse's paperwork.)

I would love to be able to snap my fingers and magically have all of our furniture and boxes of stuff moved to the new house after we close. And boy, do we have a lot of stuff. I think there is going to be some serious weeding out of this huge amount of belongings!!

I am ready to be back in the swing of studying, test taking, and life in general. I always swore that the last time we moved, it would be the LAST TIME WE MOVED. Yeah, not so much. Six years later, we are feeling very confined in such a small rental property. Need more space!!

On the work side........

Where are all of these pregnant women coming from? We are standing room only at labor and delivery! It's not just where I live either, I'm hearing the same issues with full units all over the place.

Oh, and I was able to catch a baby recently. A big, fat, cute baby. So totally awesome!!!!

To be honest, I love being present on so many "birthdays"!

6 comments:

Cartoon Characters said...

Always a great feeling to do a catch! Icing on the cake for sure! :)

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I appreciate your viewpoint, you are one of the few blogs I really enjoy reading....

when i bought my first house 30 some odd yrs ago, i only had to sign a couple pieces of paper, amazing how that has changed!

As for moving: we always hire someone to do it. I can't be bothered with the pain of it all and my husband hates moving....it is actually quite inexpensive when you think about all the bother it is....pretend its part of the cost of your new house... ;)

theresa said...

We have been super busy also. Its usually our slow time but it has been just crazy! Makes me enjoy my days off though. And I love celebrating "birthdays" too!

LauraT said...

Paperwork and loans are consuming! And these days there are many, many more hoops to jump through. Thankfully, gone are the years of doing two loans at one time, being pregnant, selling a property, having a newborn, and juggling health issues with other children-all at once several times! You'll get through it. It'll be a distant bad dream soon enough - after just one more paper, a couple more signatures, disclosures, etc....

Anonymous said...

I love reading your comments from the "nurse side" of L&D. We've had 5 beautiful children ourselves and have had great nurses for all of our deliveries. I hope any future children of ours will be blessed to have nurses as caring as you seem to be. It just makes me so happy to hear how excited you are to catch those 'cute babies!' I hope all L & D nurses love their job as much as you do. Thanks for sharing your stories with us...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...9 months ago? Wonder what WAS happening then that women now are having their babes? May....what would cause all those parents to come together and create this baby boom? And we heard there'd be less babies due to a bad economy. Glad you got to catch a chub muffin, my last one was a little chunkier and it sure does make a different type of look in a baby!

Blessings!
Dawn

Speculative Speculum said...

You certainly have a full plate. I love that you got to catch a chubby baby! :)

It's the economy. No money=lots of free entertainment! :)