Search Engine Box

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Unexpected present

Not too long ago, our doorbell rang.

When we opened the door, there was no one there. However, there were 3 bags full of non-perishable food.

A card in the bags said it was from an anonymous person, with some spiritual references.

Several things of importance: We aren't poor. We aren't lacking food. We don't belong to a church. And also -- no one else (that I could see) had boxes or bags of food placed on their porches.

I have no clue where the food came from.

While I appreciate the generosity of the person(s) who gave us this food, we are planning to pass it on to a family that we know is in need of financial/food assistance.

It's not that we're not grateful that someone took the time to think of us. Believe me, there have been times in my life where I was crying over the fact that others were generous to those less fortunate - when I was one of those who were less fortunate.

Thank you anonymous person(s).

2 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Been there. On both sides of the fence.

How lovely that someone did this for you and your family.

Cartoon Characters said...

Maybe it was left at the wrong address...? Nothing you can do about that...but that is great that you will be passing it on! :)