I've been having a nice run of natural childbirth patients lately --- and I'm LOVING IT!
One shift, I had two women, each having their first baby, both who went natural for their labor and birth. Super sweet!
Another shift, I had two multip moms who each went super fast - no drugs!
I had a mom who literally had no pain until the very, very end of birth. Really awesome to be a witness to a rare birth like that.
What a powerful experience, and such a blessing to be present at so many births.
And not to forget - God Bless Doulas!!!
6 comments:
Wonderful! I have to say, I would take the "pain" of my VBAC over the PAIN I still have due the the epidural from my C/S. Anytime I hear a medical profession tell someone there is no risk to epidurals I want to pull my hair out....
Back at you, awesome nurses! :-)
Awesome!!! =) Love those patients too!
I'm curious- how did the mom with the almost painless labor know to go to the hospital? I know that I had painful contractions for about an hour and still barely made it to the hospital, and I live 5 mins away!
I can't wait to start doula training, yay!!!
Funny you should ask Sara. She was term, checked in the office, and found to be 5-6 cm. She had a history of quiet labors, so she came to the hospital to be admitted.
I'm always on a high for a long time after births like those!
Post a Comment