I'm sorry for not posting sooner, but this school/work/home thing is kicking me in the butt big time!
To top things off, I've been fighting off some ear/throat/chest sickness for over a week now, and it's only gotten worse, not better! It makes it very hard to concentrate on much of anything.
I hate calling off sick from work, but I've had to do it several times in the past week. Oh well! Calling off and facing the gloom and doom of being written up for call-offs is better than passing this crud around to all of my co-workers and my patients.
Ha! Speaking of work, I spoke with a co-worker today. No surprise: our manager is retiring. She sucked monkey balls as a boss anyway. The problem? Who the heck is going to take her place? Not too many possibilities in middle management, and I would say that only one is a good prospective candidate. However, I doubt that she's going to apply for the position.
Our unit morale is going down the tubes. It's literally a hostile work environment, walking in there every single day. And they wonder why so many people are sick? Well, gee, stress does make the body more prone to illness. Go figure. Increased stress --> sucky management --> poor morale --> more sick people --> overworked existing staff --> more stress --> more sickness ............. It's a never ending cycle.
3 comments:
I'm starting to feel like that at my work. It's so sad. I finally started school! :) I'm only in my first semester and it's already kicking my butt!!! I'm 30+ weeks pregnant, working full time, school full time, and taking the homeschooling load off of my husband on my days off. I'm tired. Can I do this for another 3 years? You've got to be getting close, eh? Less than a year left?
the L&D unit I worked on went the same direction for approximately 10 years.....they got new management that actually was very good despite the higher ups pulling all the goofball stuff they could...right now it's a great place to work.....but unfortunately ...all the good nurses are gone.....
I really feel for you. Hostile work envirnoments make providing good care almost impossible. I hope things get better soon!
Post a Comment