Search Engine Box

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dear so-and-so

Dear Research Paper:

I wish you would write and edit yourself so that I can finally submit you. You are the bane of my existence.

Sincerely,
Frazzled student midwife

**********************************************

Dear Reproductive A&P test:

Could you magically ensure that all of the assorted information is jammed in my brain so that I can take this final test? I would much appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Frazzled student midwife

**********************************************

Dear youngest child:

You give me a major headache with your constant arguments and defiance. Can you please just do what I tell you to do without an argument or temper tantrum? Just once?

Love,
Mom

**********************************************

Dear middle child:

Now that you are done with high school, it truly is time for you to get a job. I will no longer be paying for your cell phone service, and it's about time you started paying some rent. You cannot just play video games 24/7.

Oh, and I think it's great that you lost some weight. Some exercise would help you with that. You are at a prime age to develop great musculature. Plus it gets you away from your computer.

While we're on the computer subject, if it breaks or you need a new one, you get to buy it.

Love
Mom

*************************************************

Dear oldest child:

I hope we can continue to build a better mother-daughter relationship. We don't talk to each other nearly enough.

I'm proud of your accomplishments! Working, going to college, plus paying for all of your horse's expenses is quite a feat for someone who isn't even 21 years old yet.

Love
Mom

************************************************

Dear employer:

Hire more nurses. You're killing us with the severe understaffing on every shift. Travel nurses are only a band-aid on the bigger problem.

The lack of dinner breaks is also a killer. How can we function adequately with no energy from lack of time to eat and put our feet up for 30 minutes? While we're on that subject, it's illegal to not pay us for missed lunches.

Sincerely,
Tired Nurse

***********************************************

Dear pregnant women:

You keep us in business. My aim is to make your birth as positive as it can be.

Sincerely,
L&D Nurse


3 comments:

StorkStories said...

I have great love for your letters!!

Cartoon Characters said...

well said. ;)

Joy@WDDCH said...

LOL! Love these! Especially the one to your middle child!