Search Engine Box

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Update on classes

I have to say, I'm actually somewhat enjoying my reproductive A&P course. I'm learning some very interesting things.

Granted, it is a lot of memorization, but it's all important things. Knowing all about the hormones, what they do, the changes in the body during pregnancy and the physiological reasons for those changes......it's all pretty neat to learn.

This is what I like to call the "meat and potatoes" of the courses at Frontier. The info that can be applied and used on a regular basis, not only as a future nurse-midwife, but it's also helping me understand things better as the L&D nurse too. I honestly wish that nursing school covered more details like this!

Now, the research class....meh. I know it's important to know how to read and interpret the studies out there. It's just so.....well.....dull. I must admit that I am able to read and tear apart studies much better now than I have before.

Summer term, and these two classes, will be over in about 3 weeks.

Fall term consists of Pharmacology and Community Assessment.

4 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

I love pharm. I know I'm a huge geek but pharm rocks!!!

Brenna said...

You must be a part time student! I'm going full time and I have Research, Reproductive A&P and Decision Making next term. I am plugging my way through Theory, History of Midwifery and Pathophys right now. I'm VERY excited for Repro A&P next term, definitely useable info!!

AtYourCervix said...

Brenna - yes, I'm part time. (Even though, technically, with the credits taken every 6 months is considered FT by financial aid standards). I don't think I'd be able to do the FT class load and work FT.

Queenjulie said...

Reproductive A&P sounds fascinating! Maybe I'll get there someday--I'm just starting RN school (finished my first week today), but I know several CNMs, one of whom does work for Doctors without Borders, delivering babes in third-world countries. I'm new here, but I've been reading your archives--they're wonderful!

--Queenjulie (http://walkingthesteel.blogspot.com)