Just chugging away at my studies. The reproductive A&P class seems to involve a whole lot more reading and studying than one would imagine a two credit course to be! It's exciting though, since it's getting into the nitty gritty of midwifery foundations.
Research seems to be a continuation of the theory course I took last term. Reading studies, picking them apart, analyzing them down to the finest details: all very important when integrating the latest studies/research into midwifery care. You need to know what studies are worth your time and are accurate, and what studies aren't worth the paper they're written on.
In the meanwhile, L&D is as busy as it usually is for the summer. The worst is yet to come apparently. I heard a rumor that there is a huge volume of women who are due in August -- more than previous months. Which I can totally see. We do tend to have an upward swing in number of births in August. Apparently, people are very busy nine months before in November. (Been there, done that - I have two August babies myself!)
Tired, tired, tired. Looking forward to deciding where to go on vacation next year. My other half and I are looking forward to a real vacation, just the two of us. Possibilities include: a cruise in the Caribbean, Aruba, or maybe even Jamaica or the D.R.
7 comments:
uh oh, I hope it's not like that here! I'm due in august too and there's only one wireless monitor!
Dara: If there is only one wireless monitor....maybe you don't need one at all! :) monitors are overrated. They really don't affect the outcome much. Doppler should be the norm for normal labor..............
We ran out of postpartum rooms about 0230. I'll go back for more tonight.
You've got to love that August rush. November is cold!
I just stumbled across your blog. I love it! I'm going to poke around, I promise to put everything back where I found it!
We've been crazy busy for our practice during June and July....expecting August to be about the same!
August and September are always our busiest months. We had 650 births last month when a normal month for us is only 500! It's raining babies...
Post a Comment