I had a dream last night that I broke down and cried at work - and then walked out of the job.
I think I'm a wee bit stressed with everything going on in my life right now!
I admit, there are definite times when I think of how great it would be to get out of the hospital scene. All of the ridiculous policies, procedures, guidelines, rules constantly changing, management being a bunch of idiots, too many stupid reasons for inductions and c-sections, the bickering among staff........blah, blah, blah.
How great would it be to move, find a birth center, and work part-time as an RN at a birth center. Or get a 9-5 job in an office, or with a health insurance company as a case manager.
(What total and utter boredom an office job would be --- no offense to those who work in an office!)
I think that my aching back and feet would appreciate a break from the daily torture on them as well as my mental being would love a break.
Then again, I think my mental being would like a break from E-VER-Y-THING!
What would you do if you could take off and do whatever you wanted to do for a month? Where would you go? What would you do?
5 comments:
I relate to all said! I'd love to be able to brag about taking the last 3 mths off of work and the stress daily life brings, unfortunately, however, much of it was spent in bed, drs offices or hospitals. However, if could...I'd go to India I think. Maybe because of my re-discovery of yoga and meditation! Haha.
I dont even know.. I work at Mcdonalds full time as a manager.. not a day goes by that by the end of the day that quitting isnt on the tip of my tounge.. I would imagine your job is at least slightly rewarding. That despite all the crap in the end most of the time (whether it was the way that one believes that it should or should have happened or what ever surrounded that birth) a mother ends up with a child. Someone she is going to hopefully love and cherish. At the end of my day I just helped Americans get fatter.
Don't lie to me because a L&D nurse is on my list of things to do in my career and it might very well effect which path I take in midwifery... I would rather talk to a disillusioned nurse than one who is "everything is fine la de da"
Anyway. I would like to travel.. Ireland Canada South America in general. I have seen here and there in Europe when I was on a trip.. The idea of doing it with a toddler doesn't sound like much fun though and I wouldn't want to be apart from her... Maybe I would like 3 months just to be a SAHM...
The two things that make my job as an L&D RN worth it: great co-workers (most of them!) and bringing joy into this world via assisting at births.
So, my co-workers and my patients are what keeps me where I am.
As a full time working lots of overtime Trauma ICU nurse... If I could do whatever I wanted for a month I'd like to be a stay at home mom.
Hee hee! I'm a case manager! Come to the dark side. You get to be called a chart nazi. ;)
Post a Comment