Search Engine Box

Friday, July 16, 2010

First failed quiz

Ok, now the hard stuff is here for midwifery school. I have been studying/reading/studying diligently my reproductive A&P, especially the menstrual cycle.

Those hormones? Yeah, well, no wonder us women have such bad PMS.

To top it all off, I really am at my PMS portion of my cycle. How ironic. So that really doesn't make it any easier when I freaking bomb an open book quiz on the menstrual cycle. 6/10 questions right. I even used outside sources.

Yes, that is a failing grade. My first EVER failing grade for a quiz.

I reviewed the questions I got wrong. One was a stupid mistake. One was a "huh? I can't find this answer at ALL in the reading material." No, wait, make that two questions were like that.

The fourth question I was able to find the correct answer.

The other open book quizzes I was able to get passing scores (A's ::big smiles::) -- so far.

Back to the studying.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think that the open book tests are the hardest. Keep up the otherwise amazing work!! You are so fabulous!!

And thank you for those articles!!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Everyone has a bad day/test every now and again. HUGS and I know you'll just study a little differently for the next one!

You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

you're doing great! working, a family, and a graduate school education all at the same time--
hopefully this is the first and last failed quiz. keep up the great excellent work !

Tassiegal said...

Everyone is allowed an off day. Go with the flow and keep trucking. You are going to be amazing! (well more amazing then you already are).

Speculative Speculum said...

You rock still sista! :)

Anonymous said...

It was in nursing school that I learned to hate/fear open book tests- they bring out the big guns for those!

So nice to read about your journey, AYC, speed bumps and all. Thanks for blogging!