Search Engine Box

Friday, April 02, 2010

Irish Setter, Hello SUNSHINE!


I'm feeling very refreshed and energized today. The "black dog" feels like it's dissipating a bit more each day. I guess you could say that I'm more of an "Irish Setter" today.
I honestly think that it really helped having the improving weather: goodbye rain and cold and HELLO SUNSHINE!!!



Also, since it was a day off for me today, we got out and went hiking again. Yeeehaawwww! My brother suggested a great nature reserve that I never knew existed. It was about a 45 minute drive, but it was well worth it. It was in a 400 acre nature preserve, with wildflowers, lots of trees, hills, trails, some waterfalls, and a winding creek which led to the local river. Three hours of hiking, up & down, back and forth on switchbacks. AWESOME! What's even better is that I was barely winded. I would have never been able to hike like this when I was 300+ lbs.

We (my partner and I) took our young daughter too - who looooooooved it! It was her first "real" hike, and she loved being the little leader on the trail. She's quite the little adventurer.

3 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

You make me want to go out and hike! Maybe tomorrow! And your pics are incredible...maybe you need to reconsider your occupation! :)

Happy Holiday weekend to you. Glad to hear you are "emerging" and feeling better!

Jim

AtYourCervix said...

Thanks Jim :-) I do love photography! It's in my blood....my dad is an avid photographer too.

Adirondack Autumn said...

You make me want an Irish Setter!! It will happen!! I grew up with one and she was among the reasons I got through my teens without going nuts!!

People say these dogs are dumb, I don't thing so...Not in my experience anyway, among other things you had to spell out the word "ambulate" if you expected to leave the house for a walk without that dog!! She knew w-a-l-k and she knew ambulate as a word...