I'll take the platter and leave the coffee...I can only picture that coffee burning a big ol' hole in my stomach. I don't like those odds...great post and pics.
Ok sorry but that just looks gross. People first eat with their eyes and my eyes closed! LOL... hope it smelled better than it looks or better yet tasted better.
Oh you guys! It was delicious!! The bottom right corner is baba ghannouj - which is mashed eggplant and seasonings. Spicy and yummy! Served cold. The upper right is grilled chicken kebob over a bed of rice (I don't eat rice, but the chicken kebob was delish!) The upper middle is what looks like sausage - but it's actually kofta (beef roll with spices - kinda like meatballs/meatloaf, but different).
The upper left is shawerma chicken, bottom left is shawerma beef. Both are topped with tahini (sesame paste sauce). Steamed veggies in between them.
It looks great!! I've never had Egyptian food but I'm up for trying any ethnic food. Besides, some of the ugliest food is the best tasting! Don't knock it 'til you try it.
6 comments:
I'll take the platter and leave the coffee...I can only picture that coffee burning a big ol' hole in my stomach. I don't like those odds...great post and pics.
No offense... but that is some of the nastiest looking food and coffee I've ever seen. LOL! I hope it tasted better than it looked.
Ok sorry but that just looks gross. People first eat with their eyes and my eyes closed! LOL... hope it smelled better than it looks or better yet tasted better.
Oh you guys! It was delicious!! The bottom right corner is baba ghannouj - which is mashed eggplant and seasonings. Spicy and yummy! Served cold. The upper right is grilled chicken kebob over a bed of rice (I don't eat rice, but the chicken kebob was delish!) The upper middle is what looks like sausage - but it's actually kofta (beef roll with spices - kinda like meatballs/meatloaf, but different).
The upper left is shawerma chicken, bottom left is shawerma beef. Both are topped with tahini (sesame paste sauce). Steamed veggies in between them.
All verrrrrrrry yummy!
It looks great!! I've never had Egyptian food but I'm up for trying any ethnic food. Besides, some of the ugliest food is the best tasting! Don't knock it 'til you try it.
Did you see a good fortune in your coffee? That's the best part.
Post a Comment