I am angry, disgusted, and appalled right now. I was a witness to something that should have never happened. N-E-V-E-R. Yet, even though I spoke up, several times, my voice and concerns were squashed.
I have gone up the chain of command. Something WILL be done about this.
Times like this, I am disgusted at obstetrics and how we fail women and their babies in our maternity system.
I will say this: I was right and justified in speaking up with my grave concerns about a particular situation. I did a review of literature this morning and found that my knowledge was correct. What happened -- should have NEVER happened.
16 comments:
I hope everything is okay with the mommy and baby.
I'm glad you are taking a stand and working your way up the chain for it!
Thanks for speaking up about this! By doing this, you are making the system safer for everyone. I can't seem to find a link, but I read a study about "bully doctors/staff" being the root cause of many medical errors because they refuse to listen and thus make mistakes (sometimes very serious ones). I've never worked in the medical field, but it's a surefire truth that there are jerks who don't listen everywhere.
I'm worried about a mommy/baby out there. Ugh.
Blessings!
Dawn
It is so hard witnessing something you know is wrong, yet being ignored. Good for you being your pt's advocate! I hope everyone is okay...
L&D RN from the Frozen Tundra
Can you tell us anything at all about this? Was it an unnecessary intervention? Was it a case where an intervention was needed but not employed? I'm so curious. How is mama and baby??
--Steph
I don't know what happened, but the patient and her baby are fortunate to have such a patient champion caring for them. Best wishes and thanks for making a difference in the lives of your patients.
I am thankful that you are out there speaking out for mothers and babies when you see these horrible situations. Hopefully, someone will listen.
*hugs* Keep up the good work.
Keep at it! Your voice WILL be heard and needs to be.
So sorry to hear about this. Good for you for speaking up!!!!
I apologize for not being able to comment or give details. It's a very delicate situation.
Oh, I so wish I could be in the know on this, and help somehow. It's maddening to not know more, of course, but I'm glad that you are fighting the good fight. You're one of my heroes!
Very shift there is something, be it big or small. I'm in midwifery school too right now, and have the same mindset as you: keep educating my mommas for 12 hours at a time.
Hope everything is OK. If all medical professionals were like you, the world would be a better place!
Good on you for speaking up and following through. It's the only way change can happen.
Stick to your guns!!! I understand if HIPPA makes it difficult to discuss but please tell us that everyone involved is earthside.
Adirondack - yes, everyone is earthside. Not sure if everyone is going to be 100% intact in all aspects, but everyone is earthside.
Post a Comment