The time sure has been flying by super fast! I'm almost halfway through my first term of the second year of school. Just 10 more terms to go!
Still plugging away at the pathophysiology course. It's a LOT of info to cover, in such a short period of time. I took a test today on four chapters - yes, four whole chapters! Like I said, a lot of into, not a lot of time to cram it all in.
I have an outline done for my history of midwifery paper. Ok, so it's only a very rough outline, but it's started. I know that once I sit down and start typing, it will just flow out and be done before I realize it. I also have an oral presentation that I'll be doing in two weeks. I decided to do my presentation on midwifery for the local nursing college students. It will just be a small group (about 6 students) during their post-conference (post-clinical) meeting. I need to throw together some handouts for that presentation for them. That's basically an easy assignment - what do nurse-midwives do, how to obtain your education. That's it. Then I'll need to work on the next paper for my midwifery course - a paper on my state's regulations and laws regarding nurse-midwifery.
Had some sweet births and some not so sweet births lately. Of course, can't go too much into detail, due to the latest privacy & internet issues that are swirling around at work. It's been quite a hot debate about some privacy violations by other staff (not my unit) and public posting of the information. Of course, none of us know the true details of things, but apparently several people in one unit were fired for privacy violations and/or bad talking our employer corporation on public networking sites.
Gotsta be careful out there.......... :-X
3 comments:
Good luck with all that learnin' stuff...
I'm confused! Does this mean you can't tell us any more birth stories from your experiences? That would be a bummer!!
I'm all for not violating HIPAA. but I'm all about badmouthing one's corporation in a public forum. That being said, I certainly wouldn't do it if it could be traced back to me.
This may be easier for me to say since right now I have nothing bad to say about my employer. I think they're grand.
I was shocked--SHOCKED--to find actual patient information, as in, "famous person's name included" on a fellow RN's Facebook update. I swear it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone do.
Post a Comment