Search Engine Box

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Blizzard pictures

The front of my house. This was after the walkways were shoveled at least twice.


The back door and porch. The dog took one look at the huge snow pile and thought for just a split second about trying to walk in it to get to "his area" this morning. As you can see, he decided not to even try. Good boy.


Needless to say, I can't even get to my car, much less attempt to drive to work.

So, unless someone with a 4x4 can come pick me up, I'm not risking life and limb to drive my measly little Saturn. Remember my wreck of 2008? The entire passenger side of my car, from front to back, was damaged. From a 15 MPH wreck into a guardrail. Never again. We were lucky to have escaped injury. Head on would have seen the deployment of airbags and probable injuries to everyone in the car.







10 comments:

Cindy said...

Holy cow, that's a lotta snow! Hope they send someone to drive you in!

Morgan said...

You did get a lot of snow! Sounds like it's a good idea to stay off the roads for a while.

Azmomo2andcounting said...

This is exactly why 5 years ago I moved from Massachusetts to Arizona and will not move back no matter how much I miss my sister!

Good luck hope it melts soon!

The Deranged Housewife said...

OK, that is nuts.

But somehow comforting ... all tucked in safe and warm inside, watching it all from the front window with a hot cup of tea and nice fuzzy slippers on ...

Laney said...

That's crazy! I thought our six inches of snow was the storm of the century...it was the most I had ever seen anyways.
Be safe!

PS- I'm adding you to my blogroll if you dont object
=]

AtYourCervix said...

Go ahead Laney, and welcome!

I'm sitting here with a cup of homemade cappuccino :-) Needless to say, work wasn't able (or willing?) to come pick me up. And I was unable and unwilling to risk another car accident to get in.

Anonymous said...

You can't help anyone if you're stuck in the snow or knocked out from a wreck. Enjoy your cappuccino! :-) Hey - maybe someone in your neighborhood will go into labor and be unable to make it to the hospital, so you can help her! :-)

-Kathy

AtYourCervix said...

oh oh oh! A homebirth would be grand! However, the only pregnant woman I know in my neighborhood isn't due until March.

Maha said...

Holy snowflakes! That's a LOT of snow. Stay home, stay safe, and if the urge to go outside strikes you, make a snowman... or a pregnant snow woman. I did that while In nursing school for my L&D prof! I wish I still had the pic :S

Nicole said...

That is to funny what the dog did. My dog didn't think the snow was such a great thing either. He did his best to tip toe to his spot. But seeing as he is only six inches off the ground it was a little tricky. Have fun making snow people. :)